Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Joy, oh joy

 

Little Rosie Posie/Rose Buddy let me pet her/him, while she/he was eating today. Yippee. It is such a little dear. I don’t really ‘need’ this little critter, but could not say no to it’s pitiful cries when he first came around last week.

Today was my BSF meeting. I am so glad to be a part of this Bible study. I am meeting wonderful ladies of all ages, nationalities and denominations. Our focus is on Jesus, who is God Almighty, as we study the book of Revelation. I am enjoying getting to know the smaller group of ladies that I’m in and really look forward to getting to know them better in the coming weeks, as well as having my faith strengthened with this study.

Over the weekend I made yet another beaded heart. I took a shell fragment that spoke to me and got started. I’ve many shell fragments and whole ones too to work with.  DH and I picked them up whenever we would walk the beach.  It makes me feel like going to the beach to do just that once again. I would be out of my ‘comfort zone’ going by myself, but being near the ocean is healing in many ways.

I also used three fresh water pearls that I’d bought at Michael’s I think.  I love them and have several colors of them.

10-06-purpshell

10-06-purple-shell2

10-06-purple-shell

Here is a collage of the pins I’ve made so far. My sis-in-law has several ladies interested in seeing these and maybe purchasing, so I made up the collage for her to show them.

10-06-collage-pins

This past Sunday on my way home from lunch with a friend and her family, I stopped and picked up a small Christmas tree (curbside) that I’d passed on my way earlier. It was loaded with lights and I plugged them in when I got home and they didn’t work. I started to unwind the lights and realized it was going to be a miserable job, so I got some wire cutters and cut it into small sections.  It took me about 30 minutes or so to get them off and out of the tree. The tree was strangled by the lights, you could hardly unfold the branches.  I do believe it was a 100 lite strand. How they even wound them in the tree like they did is beyond me. 

The last tree I found was with my DH, our last ‘curbside shopping’ together in Sept of 2012. That tree I call my Charlie Brown tree. It is funky but I love it.

09-04-found-chritsmas-tree

The latest, strangled with lights.

10-06-found-tree

Set free.

10-06-found-tree2

10-06-found-tree3

***

Well, I’m starting to feel ready to get horizontal to read before sleep. 

Today was a good day and I am thankful.

I will close with a photo of a leaf I found in the driveway the other day. Heart shapes always catch my attention.

The caption I put on the leaf is from something I found online after losing my Dear Husband.

Life goes on, grief isn’t as raw, although it is still there. It is not something that will ever go away. It’s part of my life, part of who I am. But it will not break me, or hold me in a pit of dark despair. I know my husband is with his Creator and all is well.

10-07-united-still

21 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Good to hear that good things are happening in your life.The beaded hearts are so cute and that little tree is adorable. I do agree that the grief doesn't go away,but it does lessen.For me,5 years later it still hurts almost daily,especially when I'm not well or need help in any way.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I am happy that Rosie Posie/Rose Buddy is warming up to you and letting you pet her/him.

Your new beaded heart is very pretty. The shell and pearls look perfect together.

Have you ever approached any locally owned boutique, bridal, or gift stores in your area to see if they would be interested in carrying your hearts in their store? What's the worst that could happen, they could say no, and that wouldn't be a big deal. On the other hand if they say yes, you could sell a lot of your heart pins. In the past, I used to sell my Santas through some stores here in my area. I met several very nice people that way, and even store owners who were not interested, were very nice and polite to me. That was just an idea that occurred to me as I was looking at your handmade hearts, I hope you don't think that I'm trying to overstep bounds by telling you what you should do or anything.

Rebecca said...

My favorite beaded heart is the center one in the top row....
And the tree looks SO happy to be "free"!
The quote you placed on the heart-shaped leaf is SO comforting - AND true of s whose faith has been placed squarely on the grace of God.

Jessica Jarrell said...

Awwww! I'm so glad the little kitty let you bet him/her. I wouldn't be able to ignore the cries either. Knowing me I would end up adopting :) We had a stray kitty that used to come around, I find I really miss seeing him. Maybe someday we'll get a cat. The chihuahuas would have to adjust, but I'd be happy :)

Hope you are having a great week FlowerLady! :)

Sallysmom said...

Yes, yes, leave your comfort zone and go to the beach. I believe you will be blessed beyond measure.

Celestina Marie said...

So happy you are enjoying some wonderful days! Love all your hearts and especially your new design.
Sounds like your little kitty friend is warming up to you. He or she will be jumping on your lap in no time.
Love the little tree rescue. So cute without the lights and set free. Love the tree you found with your dear hubby. I am sure it is very dear to you now and a beautiful reminder of a fun day!

Beautiful leaf with quote at the end. Knowing our loved ones are with God truly helps in grief. May you continue to have peace always.
Hugs and Blessings, cm

Debbie said...

Really enjoyed your post. Poem at the end touched my heart. Thank you.

Janice said...


Your post is lovely and inspirational as always. Your sure knowledge of where your DH is, not lost, but residing in his heavenly home, has got to be a comfort. I truly feel sorry for the ones who believe this life is all we have.
Another good find on the tree...and Christmas will be upon us before we know it!
Take care, hope your weather moderates soon...it was so good to be outside for a few days without the humidity. Our temperatures are rising again, but a few cool days here and there are a blessing.

L. D. said...

Fun post, your critter is a gift for you to bring you joy. It will really reward you as you become closer friends. I may have mentions before but my grief eventually turned into numbness. I thought I was being uncaring because I lost my wife but then I realized that I was alive and was required to move on. Being numb was the body's way of helping to dissolve the empty world. I worked projects for forever. You will always reference your life with your husband in heaven because he was such a big part of your life. Your next life now will be one of your own.

Betty said...

The hearts are so pretty. I would no have the patience with those little beads. I would have pick up the tree too. When I was little we went on certain days to check out what people were throwing out before the trash men came.

Leslie Kimel said...

How exciting that you got to pet the little kitten. Too fun. And your heart pins look so pretty arranged all together. I love them all!

Jillayne said...

What a lovely, heart-warming and uplifting post. I hardly know where to begin... your heart(s) perhaps. Beautiful on the inside and again on the outside, the one you have and the ones you create. What you are doing for little Rosey is wonderful - feeding an animal is a gift of grace. We've had our own sad wanderer appear, just over a week ago, starving and oh, so skittish. We've been coaxing and feeding, giving space when needed and have been rewarded with a cat that is now much more settled. We can't keep it though - Marc is allergic but we're caring for it as best as it will allow while we try to find it's owners. I know it will all work as it should.
I love the hearts you've been making - I hope you do go to the sea - it may make you sad as you used to go together, but I think you may find you feel him with you when you go.
Your bible study group sound like a wonderful group of ladies - it's a wonderful way to learn together and grow friendships at the same time - you sound happy, and I'm glad of that.

Joy Junktion said...

I love your little Charlie Brown tree and it's new companion! So happy to read that you are enjoying the Bible study, it's so important to get involved with things that we love. If I were you, I'd go to the beach, alone or not, I'd go. Since losing my husband, I've ventured on a couple of very long road trips that have been hard, but in the end, So Rewarding! I don't think you will be disappointed! Many blessings, Cindy

Nancy J said...

Your wee kitten chose you for a reason, time will show why. He'she will be so cared for, as we all know, Beautiful creation with the pearls. I missed this post, and found it tonight.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lorraine, Love your beaded heart(s).... SO beautiful... You have such a talent in this area...

Glad the little kitty is getting friendlier.. He/she knows who loves her and will feed her.

Looks like you did a nice job of 'freeing' that Christmas Tree.... Anytime I buy a pre-lit tree like that, the lights are wound so tight that it's almost impossible to get them separated... You did a great job.

Have a blessed weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Darcie said...

Your purplish pin is absolutely beautiful!! Love all the color, the shell, and the pearls...so pretty!!!

Yay for kitty letting you pet her/him. Who wouldn't warm up to you? :-)

Aren't we so glad for days that embrace us and fill us with happiness! I am hoping someday you will feel brave enough for that beach trip. I think I am so much like you...it would be a bit out of my comfort zone too, but I find sometimes that is where we need to go...outside that zone...only when the time is right though.

Much love! Enjoy your weekend.

RockWhisperer said...

I so admire your artistic talents.

Glad you are becoming friends with the kitty. It won't be long now before it is trusting you enough to let you scratch its belly. Heh.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Your pins are really stunning, Rainey. I think you're becoming quite attached to little Rosie, which is a good thing. My advice is to get out of your "comfort zone" and get your sweet self to the beach. I believe the Lord will meet you there and bless your heart. And what you wrote: "Life goes on, grief isn’t as raw, although it is still there. It is not something that will ever go away. It’s part of my life, part of who I am. But it will not break me, or hold me in a pit of dark despair. I know my husband is with his Creator and all is well" makes my heart glad. You understand that moving forward doesn't mean forgetting. You're finding a "new normal". I'm so glad. Hugs, Nancy

Melanie said...

Good to hear you are now able to pet the little kitty and that you're enjoying your Bible class. I just love your hearts. Would you have any desire to sell them in a holiday craft show? I know that's a lot of work by yourself though...unless you did it with a friend. Just a thought! Good for you for being tenacious with that Christmas tree. I'm so impatient, I would've been trying to tear all the lights off, then getting aggravated and throwing the thing in the garbage! ;-)

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to visit your wonderful blog and thank you again for your visit! I just love your new little friend ...and I hope he or she gets more trusting as time goes on. It's very heart warming when such a small animal needs our help and we can reach out. Sometimes I think that they are sent along as some greater purpose. It certainly is a pretty one. Your bead work is absolutely gorgeous! You have a wonderful talent and detailed eye. I shall enjoy seeing more of it. Lovely to meet you and I have signed up to follow you from now on.

Kate

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Rainey, I am always amazed at the beautiful work of your hands...lovely! I adore the leaf; so true. The fresh water pearls are lovely; I love pearls.